Saturday, April 9, 2011

Movie Soundtracks


A friend of mine, Jeff Wanless, posted an update on facebook the other day that got my memory juices stirring.  He asked, what was the best instrumental film soundtrack ever composed? There were many very good answers: some truly excellent choices; some I'd never heard of before; but all interesting.  I suggested many myself.  Blade Runner I decided was my favorite, though perhaps not the best ever composed.  I love how scintillating that soundtrack is; how its aural landscape gets under your skin, and into every crevice of your brain.  What do you think?  What is your favorite soundtrack?

2 comments:

  1. https://www.facebook.com/#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=1891511137127&id=1521971339

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not instrumental, but one of my favorite soundtracks of all time will always be Pulp Fiction. I remember listening to it over and over again at a bar I frequented when I was younger when the movie was new. It can always transport me back to that time and place.

    ReplyDelete